The 2018 Sleep Out for Homeless Families will be hosted by Family Promise of Linn County and Newbo City Market, on Nov. 10-11, 2018. We invite you to join us as we experience a night away from the comforts of home and spend the night outdoors in a tent on the front lawn or in your car in the front parking lot at Newbo City Market.
Go to crowdrise.com/sleep-out-for-homeless-families to register and start a fundraising page to share on social media.
Please keep the following in mind when considering participation in this event:
- A limited number of spaces are available.
- You will be asked to sign a Waiver and Release.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older OR chaperoned by a responsible adult over the age of 25.
- One adult chaperone for every 5 youth participants is required.
- Adult chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their group.
- If you are applying as part of a group, please make sure each member of your group uses the same group name on his or her registration.
- Overnight participants will be asked to arrive at Newbo City Market no later than 6:30 p.m. on Friday, November 10.
- Indoor bathroom facilities will be available until 9 pm.
- Outdoor port-o-johnnies will be available overnight.
The basic fee structure for the 2018 Sleep Out for Homeless Families:
- Each 4-person tent will pay/raise $100.
- Each car will pay/raise $200.
- A simple dinner, breakfast and a spot to pitch a tent or to park the car that you will sleep in will be provided.
- Parking in the front lot is reserved for those who have paid to sleep in their car.
- Tents and cars may be shared by participants.
- Participants are responsible for providing their own tent or car.
- To participate in this event you agree that you will either raise the balance of the funds or pay the remaining fee.
- Should a participant become unable to attend the event, funds raised up to that point cannot be refunded and will go toward helping homeless families in the Cedar Rapids metro area.
The one participant who pays/raises the most money will win the opportunity to spend the night in a luxury RV! Funds raised must reach a minimum of $1000 to be eligible.
Food and Beverages
- Dinner, breakfast, snacks and water will be provided to Overnight participants.
- No alcohol will be allowed during the Sleep Out.
Entertainment & Education
- Live performances will take place on the outdoor stage from 7 to 10 pm.
- A homeless simulation learning experience will take place indoors from 6:30 to 9 pm.